Finding Ways to Stay Motivated While Working From Home
Since the spread of Covid-19, It's been a huge adjustment for me working from home. Balancing work, fitness, youtube, blogging, and etc. can be stressful ecpecially quarantined at home. The key is to remain positive and focused on my goals in my day to day life. There's always going to be moments where you loose track of time and your to-do list never gets done. However, I did a little research and found a few helpful tips that have motivated me through my workdays at home. Here's 4 ways to enhance your lifestyle and boss up!
1. Morning Routine: Get Out of Your Pajamas and Dress for Work
- Lounging around can set your mentality up to be super laid back and put you in a relaxation mode. I'm not saying put on a business suite for the living room but something that makes you feel confident and ready to work.
- Also ladies, waking up a little earlier to do your hair and little makeup will make all the difference by setting the mood for the day.
2. Pomodoro Technique
- The Pomodoro Technique is a time management system that involves breaking your time up into 25 minute intervals. After 25 minutes of work, you then take a 5 minute break. For me, this helps me to get a lot more accomplished. Have you tried it? Let me know in the comments below!
3. Stay Connected While Working Remotely
- Communication becomes critical. Schedule regular chats with your team, whether that be via Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts. It's important we all feel part of a team and not isolated and alone.
- Remember to not just do your job but bring something to the table that hasn't been done before. Set yourself apart from the rest!
- Proof your day by Identifying what distracts you, then put measures into place to ensure you don't fall into the trap! For example, if you find yourself sucked into a social media where you spend hours scrolling on your feeds, try installing apps that block sites during certain hours.
I hope these tips motivate you to constantly be productive and accomplish your goals!
Don't Forget To Check In With Yourself
How's life for you in this very moment? If you have a daily journal, try writing and completing the sentences below.
Physically I am _____________________ and would like to improve___________.
Emotionally I feel____________________ and that's okay because_____________.
Mentally I'm _______________________.
Spiritually I'm ______________________
I'm thankful for _______________________.
I've learned from myself that_______________________.
Thank you for reading,